Friday 15 April 2016

Colour My World Journal Page

Now this page is quite bright & bold for me .
I had seen a video on YouTube by Dyan  Reaveley giving a Demo showing how to do this patchwork look using her Dylusions paints.
 I've a lot of acrylic paint by Paperartsy which is what I've used to get just about the same results.
 I started by picking my four colours & made patches of colour over the page & it doesn't matter if the colours over lap.
I then used stencils to make the patterns in each patch using one of the colours from a different colour patches.
Now i had intended to do a thin black line to highlight each patch of colour  but i didn't have a steady hand & every time i tried to sort it out the lines got thicker , so i thought what the hell lets just have really bold black outlines & to my surprise i like the out come. 
all that was left was to add a title to my page & a few other little bits. The Pencil was a stamped imaged   my friend gave my & i just needed to add a little colour to them.
I'll list all the things used below the picture.
I'm so pleased with the out come i'll be using this design again on something else . 

Products used
Paperartsy acrylic paints, Smoked Paprika, Smurf, Limelight , & Butternut.
Stencils - Dylusions, & Crafters work shop.
Posca paint pens, Black & White.
Face stamp Tim Holtzs.
Sizzix die for letters.
Tattered Floral die for small flowers.

3 comments:

  1. That is fabulous Jilly, I love the colours and the thicker black line. It looks like the rectangles have been stuck together rather than painted on 1 layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, I was working with these paints at the weekend, at first I couldn't work out if I liked them as they have taken some getting used to, but after the weekend I think I'm hooked on them if i'm honest. Loving the patchwork - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, I was working with these paints at the weekend, at first I couldn't work out if I liked them as they have taken some getting used to, but after the weekend I think I'm hooked on them if i'm honest. Loving the patchwork - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete