Friday 3 July 2015

July Tag Swap

I'm hosting the July Tag swap on http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/ with the theme stars & stripes.
As many Americans will be celebrating  the 4th of July , their independence day I thought I'd used the on my tags this month.
So this is what I've used to make my tags .

 My back ground for the tags was done using blue, red, white acrylic paints which was put on using a dry brush using an up & down strokes until the colours blended & I was happy with it. This then gave me my stripes.  Over this I used gold acrylic paint through a star stencil . With a bottle lid I dipped the rim of the lid in white acrylic paint to give the circles. 
I put the tags to one side to let them dry thoroughly & got on with cutting three pieces of red card &  run them through a Tim Holtzs embossing folder & then with a dry brush & a little gold paint I lightly went over the raised area so that it high lighted them. I edged the card with gold paint as well.
Next my flags were cut using a sizzix die & the other shapes in blue have been cut with a spell binders die.
The flags have been painted with the red, white & blue acrylic paint & then once again all have been edged with gold paint.
I went through my stash & pulled out the white die cuts . The lady holding the flag was an image from the internet, & the gold letters I cut using another sizzix die. 
The green leaves in the first picture you can see have been cut using a spell binders & Tim Holts die.
So now I can show you my finished tags for the swap.
A side view of the tags & I'd finished them off with blue & white and  red & white twine from my stash.
 
 
 









 

4 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely detail and texture to explore on these - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flags tags are brilliant fun Jill ! Thanks for visiting ! Ali #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab! Not even started mine but am going for something completely different :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sneak peek at your fabulous Stars & Stripes tags, mine are finished hope to get them in the mail by Monday at the latest.
    bon weekend
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete