Saturday 28 July 2012

Mail holders

 I've had this mail holder/organiser painted like this for nearly a year , so i thought i'd better get my act together & get it finished.


As you can see it was first painted with Sandal acrylic dabber.
It took me ages to decide on what paper to cover it in because i wanted both mail holders for my kitchen/dinning room.
I settled for the K&Co paper & one of thier flower  . To finish it off i added an odd piece of trim that i had.






Here is the second mail holder i decorated.
This i picked up in a charity shop for 50p .
It was given a quick rub down & painted in the same dabber as the one above.
More K&Co paper was used & K&Co embellisments.
Tim holtzs pin & ticket Dream.
The post mark & penny stamp , i stamped using two stamps from Paperartsy.
Lastly some  ribbon round the bottom.
It seems a shame to put anything in them & cover up most of the paper.












5 comments:

  1. ...these are super, well it may of taken a year but was well worth the wait, your paper choice is yummy & the colours beautiful, sophisticated elegance Jill...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jill, I have one of these (in boaring condition) never thought of doing this to it, they are stunning, just love them. I have these K&co papers too.
    Well done, Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Don;t put horrid bills in them - keep them for nice stuff like cards and invitations - things you want to show off, postcards etc!!

    Happy woyww

    debs #134

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful. I particularly love the second one - you know that would go for a bomb in a fancy goods shop. How fantastic it is.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! What a wonderful idea ! I will need to give this a try! Glenda 93

    ReplyDelete